Infertility is a common problem that affects many couples, and in Mombasa, Kenya, there are several fertility centres that offer in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment. IVF is a complex and costly procedure, and it’s important for couples to understand the cost involved before embarking on treatment. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the cost of IVF in Mombasa, Kenya, and what couples can expect when seeking treatment at a fertility centre in the city.
Fertility Centre Kenya is one of the leading IVF clinics in Mombasa, with a team of experienced fertility specialists and embryologists. The clinic offers a range of fertility treatments, including IVF, intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), and intrauterine insemination (IUI).
The cost of IVF at Fertility Centre Kenya varies depending on several factors, including the patient’s age, medical history, and specific fertility issues. On average, the cost of a single IVF cycle at the clinic ranges between Ksh 400,000 to Ksh 500,000, which is approximately $3,700 to $4,600. This cost includes the cost of fertility drugs, egg retrieval, embryo culture, and embryo transfer.
To get IVF treatment at a lower cost in Kenya:
- Book a free appointment with Fertility Centre Kenya .
- Free First consultation with our doctor & Experts
- Call/WhatsApp: +91 8882480477
- Email: [email protected]
What is Ivf ?
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of assisted reproductive technology (ART) that involves combining an egg and sperm outside of the body in a laboratory dish. The resulting embryos are then transferred to the uterus, where they can implant and develop into a pregnancy.
At Fertility Centre Kenya, IVF is one of the many fertility treatments offered to couples who are struggling with infertility. The clinic has a team of experienced fertility specialists and embryologists who work together to help couples achieve their dream of having a baby.
The IVF process typically involves the following steps:
- Ovarian Stimulation: To increase the chances of success, the woman’s ovaries are stimulated with fertility medications to produce multiple eggs.
- Egg Retrieval: Once the eggs have matured, they are retrieved from the woman’s ovaries using a thin, needle-like instrument under ultrasound guidance.
- Sperm Collection: The male partner provides a semen sample, which is processed in the laboratory to isolate the healthiest and most motile sperm.
- Fertilization: The eggs and sperm are combined in a laboratory dish and left to fertilize for several hours or overnight.
- Embryo Culture: The resulting embryos are monitored in the laboratory for several days to ensure they are developing properly.
- Embryo Transfer: Once the embryos have reached the appropriate stage of development, one or more embryos are transferred to the woman’s uterus using a thin catheter.
- Pregnancy Test: About two weeks after the embryo transfer, the woman takes a pregnancy test to determine if the treatment was successful.
IVF is a highly effective fertility treatment, with success rates varying depending on factors such as the woman’s age, medical history, and specific fertility issues. At Fertility Centre Kenya, the clinic’s experienced fertility specialists work closely with each couple to develop a customized treatment plan that meets their unique needs and maximizes their chances of success.
However, there are additional costs that couples need to consider when undergoing IVF treatment. These include:
- Consultation Fees: Couples will have to pay a consultation fee to meet with the fertility specialist and discuss their medical history and fertility concerns. At Fertility Centre Kenya, the consultation fee is Ksh 5,000, which is approximately $45.
- Fertility Medications: IVF treatment involves the use of fertility medications to stimulate the ovaries and produce multiple eggs for retrieval. These medications can be costly and can range between Ksh 100,000 to Ksh 200,000 ($900 to $1,800) per cycle.
- Pre-implantation Genetic Testing (PGT): PGT is a diagnostic tool that helps identify genetic abnormalities in embryos before they are transferred to the uterus. This procedure can add an additional cost of Ksh 150,000 to Ksh 200,000 ($1,400 to $1,800) per cycle.
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET): If the first IVF cycle is unsuccessful, couples may choose to undergo a frozen embryo transfer (FET) using embryos that were frozen from the previous cycle. FET can cost between Ksh 200,000 to Ksh 300,000 ($1,800 to $2,700) per cycle.
It’s important to note that the cost of IVF in Mombasa, Kenya, is lower than in many other countries, making it a popular destination for medical tourism. However, the cost of IVF can still be a significant financial burden for many couples, especially those who require multiple cycles of treatment.
To make IVF treatment more accessible and affordable for couples, Fertility Centre Kenya offers financing options, including payment plans and medical financing through partnering banks. The clinic also accepts insurance from several providers, including AAR Insurance and Jubilee Insurance.
Why Choose Fertility Centre Kenya for IVF?
Choosing the right fertility clinic for your IVF treatment is an important decision that can greatly impact your chances of success. Here are some reasons why you should consider Fertility Centre Kenya for your IVF treatment:
- Experienced Fertility Specialists: Fertility Centre Kenya has a team of experienced fertility specialists who have been trained in some of the best fertility clinics around the world. Their expertise and knowledge of the latest fertility treatments ensure that you receive the best possible care and treatment.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Fertility Centre Kenya is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including time-lapse imaging of embryos, pre-implantation genetic testing, and in vitro maturation of eggs. This allows the clinic to provide patients with cutting-edge fertility solutions and maximize their chances of success.
- Comprehensive Fertility Services: In addition to IVF, Fertility Centre Kenya offers a range of other fertility services, including ICSI, IUI, and PGT. This allows the clinic to provide customized fertility solutions tailored to the unique needs of each patient.
- One-Stop Centre: Fertility Centre Kenya is a one-stop centre that provides all the necessary services under one roof, including consultations, diagnostic testing, and treatment. This ensures that patients receive comprehensive care throughout their treatment journey.
- Patient-centered Care: Fertility Centre Kenya places a strong emphasis on patient-centred care, ensuring that patients are treated with compassion and respect throughout their treatment journey. The clinic’s staff is dedicated to providing personalized care and support to each patient, helping them feel comfortable and confident throughout their treatment.
- High Success Rates: Fertility Centre Kenya has a proven track record of success, with high success rates in IVF and other fertility treatments. This is a testament to the clinic’s expertise, technology, and patient-centered approach to care.
- Affordable IVF Cost: Fertility Centre Kenya offers affordable IVF costs, making it accessible to more couples struggling with infertility. The clinic offers various payment options and financing plans to help make IVF treatment more affordable for patients.
In conclusion, the cost of IVF in Mombasa, Kenya, is relatively affordable compared to other countries, but it can still be a significant financial burden for couples. At Fertility Centre Kenya, couples can expect to pay between Ksh 400,000 to Ksh 500,000 ($3,700 to $4,600) for a single IVF cycle, with additional costs for consultation fees, fertility medications, and PGT. The clinic offers financing options to help make IVF treatment more accessible and affordable for couples.